Ostomy Awareness Day is today October 7, 2017! This is its seventh year where the United Ostomy Associations of American (UOAA) and the ostomy community celebrating ostomy awareness and increasing national visibility of those with living with ostomies and continent diversions.
Celebrate Ostomy Awareness Day!
- Run for Resilience in your area or do your own! https://ostomy5k.org
- Get your Ostomy Awareness sticker from Hollister and have fun posting online!
- Donate to Ostomy Awareness in someone's memory. www.ostomy.org/Donate.html
- Checkout the UOAA's new Ostomy 101 Infographic
- You can connect with great ostomy blogs to find out what they're doing! Here is a short list of our favorite ostomy blogs.
- The Front Butt YouTuber -- Featuring ostomy product reviews and IBD issues!
- Uncover Ostomy -- An online awareness campaign to educate people about ostomies.
- Vegan Ostomy -- Helping to create happy ostomates. Very informative site on all things ostomy.
- Stolen Colon -- Learn one woman's journey having had ostomy
- Blood Poop & Tears
- Newbie Ostomy
The United Ostomy Associations of American (UOAA) has an entire page with ideas of how to spend this day. http://www.ostomy.org/Ostomy_Awareness_Day_2017.html
The Parthenon Company is an nationwide distributor of ostomy supplies online and through our ostomy catalog. We chat with people living with ostomies everyday to help them find products to better treat the skin around their stoma with ostomy accessories or introduce them to a different type of skin barrier that may improve things. Each day has its challenges and each day we are thrilled to assist our customers get the ostomy products they need at a discounted price!