Siltac Silicone Ostomy Seals Application and Removal
- Each seal is individually packed. Peel back and dispose of seal.
- Grip the peel tab with one hand and using the thumb of your other hand, gently rub the edge of Siltac seal away towards the center of the blister.
- Carefully pull the seal from its pack. The seal may stick a little to the package, but should not tear.
- Make sure your skin is dry before applying! Siltac silicone seals will not stick if the skin is wet. Stretch the seal around your stoma to form a secure fit.
- Allow the Siltac silicone ring to retract around your stoma to form a seal. It is designed to conform and seal around any shape stoma, so there's no need to mold or shape it.
- Once sealed around your stoma, gently press it onto the peristomal skin surface. You can now apply your ostomy barrier and pouch.