- To produce rapid and cosmetically acceptable healing,
- To remove or contain odor,
- To reduce pain,
- To prevent or combat infection,
- To contain exudate,
- To cause minimum distress or disturbance to the patient,
- To hide or cover a wound for cosmetic reasons.
- A combination of two or more of the above.
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Main Reasons for Applying a Wound Dressing
So many advancements have been made in the wound care field and the selection of wound dressings can be dizzying at times. Here is an incomplete list of primary reasons one might apply a wound dressing.