Stomahesive Paste Facts That Can Benefit Every Ostomate
- Alcohol is a component of the formula in Stomahesive paste and should be noted as it can cause stinging in raw/denuded skin.
- Stomahesive paste is not an adhesive.
- The role Stomahesive paste plays is that of caulk. It seals the border of the ostomy skin barrier to keep stomal output from contacting the skin.
- Using Stomahesive paste can help you get the best fit possible.
- Stomahesive paste can be used on all types of ostomies.
- Application is either directly to the skin or on the skin barrier / wafer.
- Stomahesive paste is pectin based and protects skin as well as fills in uneven crevices to create a flat surface for the ostomy pouch.
- The amount used to circle your stoma is about equal to the thickness of toothpaste that fits on your toothbrush.
- Be sure to screw on the cap after using Stomahesive paste because it will harden and be useless if left exposed to air for extended periods of time.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.