- Do not use soaps that contain oils, lanolin, or creams because they may leave a residue on the skin.
- Do not apply skin prep, cream, ointment, or pwoder unless advised to do so by your ostomy nurse.
- For oily skin, 70% isopropyl alcohol may be used to clean off skin oil.
- Apply only one application of adhesive. Thick applications of adhesive will take hours to dry thoroughly and can result in skin irritation.
- Do not apply adhesive to a new pouch as the resulting thick layer can take 24 hours to dry.
- Any adhesive that is applied beyond the pouch seal may be dusted with powder or covered with tape to stop the tack.
- Choose a quiet time to change the pouch.
- Urostomy: best to change on arising before any beverage consumption. Have plenty of absorbent wicks to place over stoma during pouch change.
- Fecal Ostomy: best to change before eating & drinking or two hours after a meal.
Whatever kind of ostomy adhesive YOU use, it is important to make sure you are getting the best price and quality service from your supplier. That's where Parthenon has you covered! With our "lowest price guarantee", committment to quality service, and getting you the product you want without substituting for a cheaper one, the Parthenon Company is the nationwide leader in discounted ostomy supplies. Parthenon sells the entire line of Hollister ostomy supplies, ConvaTec ostomy supplies, ConvaTec wound care, and skin care lines too! Not long ago we celebrated our 50th year anniversary of serving the ostomy community and we are proud that we have done it with honesty, integrity, and with the greatest attention to our customer's needs. Visit us online or call toll free 1-800-453-8898!