- 1. Always bring extra ostomy pouches, skin barriers, and accessories in case your checked luggage is lost.
- Empty your pouch before getting on the plane.
- Keep a record of the products and stock numbers along with the toll free number/website of your ostomy supply company in case you need more shipped to you.
- Try ostomy pouch liners to extend the wear of your pouches.
- Consider the humidity and weather conditions of your destination and consider bringing things like waterproof tape to "picture frame" your skin barrier to maintain adhesion.
- Keep some sort of electrolyte enhanced drink available to drink.
- Bring a change of clothes in your carry on luggage.
- Check with Transportation Security Administration to confirm any questions.
Also, here is a useful article from Bob Huber about travel with an ostomy!