How To Apply Restore Extra Thin Wound Dressings:
1. Choose the correct size of the Restore Extra Thin Hydrocolloid Dressing so that it extends one inch beyond the wound edges on all sides. (Dressings may be overlapped or cut to accommodate the size of the wound).
2. Remove dressing from package. (Restore Extra Thin Hydrocolloid Dressings are provided in sterile packages if aseptic technique is required).
3. Remove the release paper from the dressing. (Too much handling of the adhesive may interfere with good dressing and skin contact).
4. Center the dressing over the wound site. (The dressing will not adhere to the moist wound surface).
5. Gently press the dressing to the skin and smooth out wrinkles. (For difficult-to-manage sites, hold dressing in place for 60 seconds to improve adherence. Taping of the edges of the dressing is not required but may help in areas of high friction such as heels, elbows, or coccyx).
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.