- Eat a diet that includes plenty of fruits/veggies, nuts/grains, smaller meat portion, and water.
- Chew your food thoroughly
- Unless instructed otherwise, drink fluids to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- If you want to try a new food, introduce it slowly to confirm that it will agree with your GI system.
- Flatulence odor producing foods include: asparagus, cabbage, eggs, fish, garlic, onions, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower.
- Gas producing foods are the same lot and also include beer and carbonated beverages.
- In case you need to thicken your stool, you can go for bananas, yogurt, applesauce and cheese.
- Address diarrhea quickly as it can cause dehydration. And don't irrigate your colostomy until the diarrhea ceases.
Friday, August 9, 2013
Ostomy Lifestyle Tips in Nutrition, Gas, and Diarrhea
Posted by The Parthenon Company at 11:13 AM
Labels: diarrhea, gas, lifestyle tips, nutrition
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.