Keeping your colostomy bag on can be a challenge at times and may require something with a little more tack such as the adhesive cement from Nu-Hope Labs. This ostomy cement is a natural rubber base, latex free and pressure sensitive adhesive ideal for the application of any type of ostomy pouch (colostomy, ileostomy, and urostomy). Nu-Hope’s adhesive is waterproof and will protect exposed skin from urine or fluids and will remain tacky for days even after being soiled with urine or stool. Using Nu-Hope’s Adhesive Liquid Waterproof Cement will allow for a better bond to the skin when you are faced with skin oils, scar tissue, poor stoma location, and/or heavy activity.
1. Stir Nu-HopeAdhesive Cement #2400 or #2401 before use.
2. Remove excess Nu-Hope Adhesive from dauber by rolling the dauber against the inside mouth of the bottle. The dauber should look like there is no adhesive on it after rolling.
3. Clean the skin around your stoma with warm water only. Use adhesive on healthy skin only. Do not use on broken skin.
4. Apply a very thin film of Nu-Hope Adhesive starting at the base of the stoma. Circle around until the skin area that needs extra adhesion has been coated and appears to have a sheen. It should not look gummy. Any blobs of adhesive could cause skin irritation. Do not apply twice - thick applications can take hours to dry and could cause irritation.
5. Dry for 3-5 minutes. A hair dryer on a cool setting is helpful. Any ostomy spillage can be cleansed with a paper towel. To clean, use a light brushing stroke. Do not press. The skin will remain tacky after lightly cleansed.
6. Apply your ostomy pouch.
Helpful Hints When Using Nu-Hope Adhesive Cement For Ostomy Appliances
- Do not use soaps that contain oils, lanolin, or creams because they may leave a residue on the skin.
- Do not apply skin prep, cream, ointment, or pwoder unless advised to do so by your ostomy nurse.
- For oily skin, 70% isopropyl alcohol may be used to clean off skin oil.
- Apply only one application of adhesive. Thick applications of adhesive will take hours to dry thoroughly and can result in skin irritation.
- Do not apply adhesive to a new pouch as the resulting thick layer can take 24 hours to dry.
- Any adhesive that is applied beyond the pouch seal may be dusted with powder or covered with tape to stop the tack.
- Choose a quiet time to change the pouch.
- Urostomy: best to change on arising before any beverage consumption. Have plenty of absorbent wicks to place over stoma during pouch change.
- Fecal Ostomy: best to change before eating & drinking or two hours after a meal.
Whatever kind of ostomy adhesive YOU use, it is important to make sure you are getting the best price and quality service from your supplier. That's where Parthenon has you covered! With our "lowest price guarantee", committment to quality service, and getting you the product you want without substituting for a cheaper one, the Parthenon Company is the nationwide leader in discounted ostomy supplies. Parthenon sells the entire line of Hollister ostomy supplies, ConvaTec ostomy supplies, ConvaTec wound care, and skin care lines too! Not long ago we celebrated our 50th year anniversary of serving the ostomy community and we are proud that we have done it with honesty, integrity, and with the greatest attention to our customer's needs. Visit us online or call toll free 1-800-453-8898!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.